Thursday, August 26, 2010

Review of Tarantula by Bob Dylan

I have just finished reading the book, “Tarantula” by Bob Dylan. After reading this book, I still cannot say for sure what I think it is. The book is extremely original, but by the end of the book the originality is overcome by stupidity. On a scale of one to ten, I have to give the book a 5. The book gets the rating of a five because for the post part, there is no conscious thought nor a plot or a single thread linking the writings together. One could say it is simply a collection of writings. The parts of the book which I enjoyed most were random letters entered in between essays which I did think were very humorous and each one was signed with an amusing name. I think the most amusing name; Bob Dylan wrote was Truman Peyote. The remainder of the book I thought was pretentious and just made no sense. The book reminded me of a lamer version of “A Coney Island of the Mind” by Lawrence Ferlinghetti. I would not recommend reading “Tarantula”, even if you thoroughly enjoy Bob Dylan’s music.

No comments: