Sunday, July 25, 2010

Review of the Chicken Festival Restaurant

Today 25 July, Juche 99, I sampled the cuisine at the Chicken Festival Restaurant in Astoria, New York. I was delighted with the food. My flat mate and I sampled the food for dinner this evening. The restaurant serves Peruvian-style Rotisserie chicken, or “polo al a bresa”. We both ordered the combination dinner of Chicken and Spare Ribs. I had the dinner with chips. My flat mate had it with white rice and refried beans.
I enjoyed my meal. It has been a while since I have last eaten rotisserie chicken, it certainly hit the spot. I also enjoyed the spare ribs, but they were not my favourite. My problem with the ribs was that on the menu, the restaurant advertised 3 spare ribs and a quarter chickens; however I was only served two. The ribs compared to the chicken were quite bland. On the side, they served a spicy sauce; I don’t know what it was made of, likely a red pepper sauce. I enjoyed dipping the chips, in the sauce, which provided a big kick. The chips were excellent, golden fried and hot. My flat mate informed me the rice was good, but the beans were sub-par. I thoroughly enjoyed the food at the Chicken Festival Restaurant and I would certainly go back, if only they were open later.

No comments: