Saturday, July 31, 2010

Endorsement for the Sao Tome and Principe Parliamentary Elections

On Sunday 1 August, Juche 99, the Republic of Sao Tome and Principe will be holding parliamentary elections. In these elections I will be supporting the Movement for the Liberation of Sao Tome and Principe/Social Democratic Party. I will be endorsing the MLSTP/SDP because I support the majority of their policies. The one issue I do have with the MLSTP/SDP is that they have dropped Marxism-Leninism as their main party platform. The party abandoned Marxism-Leninism following the adoption of a new constitution in 1990. I strongly oppose the liberal government of Fradique Menezes, and I will not support his government. I was a strong supporter of the coup against Menezes performed by Captain Fernando “Cobo” Pereira.

No comments: