Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Tuvaluan and Afghani Parliamentary elections

Today 16 September, Juche 99, the Pacific archipelago of Tuvalu will be holding their parliamentary elections. There are no political parties in Tuvalu, all members of the Tuvaluan parliament are independents and/or non-partisans. In these elections, I will endorse the “best man” . I hope whoever wins these elections will be the best possible candidates to lead Tuvalu.

On Saturday 18 September, Juche 99, the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan will hold their parliamentary elections. In these elections I will not be endorsing any specific party. Since by writing about the elections, I will be forced to endorse Shalha Atta and her allies in the Loya Jirga. I supported Shalha Atta in the last presidential elections, which were rigged by current president Hamid Karzai. I am not actively supporting any political party as the majority of the parties in the Loya Jirga are corrupt imperialist stooges or allies to the corrupt dictator, Karzai.

I am also not supporting any of the official political parties of Afghanistan because the parties I support are illegal. The party in Afghanistan of which I consider myself a member of is the Communist Party of Afghanistan (Maoist). The Communist (Maoist) Party of Afghanistan is not currently engaged in the liberation struggle from U.S. and N.A.T.O. imperialist forces, but they staunchly oppose it. The Communist (Maoist) Party of Afghanistan did try to organise a resistance movement with other communist parties and former members of the People’s Democratic Party of Afghanistan, which ruled from 1978-1992.

I will sympathise with the Taliban’s efforts to destabilize Saturday’s elections. I do hope these elections fail, which will be a major blow to American dictator, Barak Obama’s already failing war policies in Afghanistan . The war, which has lasted over nine years at this point, has already become a major failure by the western imperialist powers. If this election fails, this will be the second failed attempt of the western powers imposing democracy on a nation which has no experience of it.

No comments: