Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Reflections on today's election

Today 14 September, Juche 99, I participated in the New York State Republican Primaries. I maintained my endorsements and I voted exactly for the candidates who I endorsed in my writing yesterday. This year New York State had a new voting system. This year, the ballot was a paper ballot that would be scanned into a machine. I certainly preferred this system as opposed to last year’s method. Last year the Board of Elections used the traditional ballot machine, where you would pull a lever and a curtain would draw and you can place your vote. The voter would then select their vote by pulling a small tab on the metallic ballot.

I enjoyed voting in this primary. In the presidential election 2 years ago, I felt rushed as I voted for several write-in candidates as none of the candidates on the ballot were worthy of public office, and current events prove this. I look forward to voting using the new ballot system this November in the general election.

No comments: