Sunday, April 25, 2010

On the Paraguayan Peoples Army

This past weekend, I read of two events in the Republic of Paraguay. These events involved the Paraguayan military and the Paraguayan People's Army. I have discovered that these rebels are left-wing revolutionaries fighting against the Paraguayan government. I am very intrigued about the issues they support and the reasons they are fighting. As I am informed, the current President Francisco Lugo, is a leftist. I hear the Paraguayan People's Army has its contacts with my comrades in the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Columbia. FARC, or the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Columbia are supported by Venezuelan President, Hugo Chávez. President Chávez, I thought was an ally of Lugo. I wonder why the Paraguayan People's Army is fighting against Lugo. I may support them depending on their goals.

No comments: