Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kyrgyzstan Revolution

Today 7 April, Juche 99, the Republic of Kyrgyzstan experienced revolution. Surprisingly after 1 day of protests, the government resigned and the presidents whereabouts were unknown. They Kyrgyz people were protesting rising prices and corruption in the nothern part of the country. These protests rapidly spread to the capital, Bishkek. The opposition stormed parliament and the presidential palace. The prime minister, stepped down nearly immediately. President Kurmanbek Bakiyev flew out of the capital and may be abroad.
I am surprised about this revolution, and do not know whether or not I will support it. I will most likely endorse it or condemn it once some order is restored. I am likely to support the new government if the Communist Party is involved or work to shut the U.S. military base in the nation. I will condemn it, if it becomes a western liberal government.

No comments: