Monday, March 15, 2010

End Day Light Savings

This past Saturday 14 March, Juche 99, the United States observed a meaningless tradition known as daylight savings time. This tradition has been observed since the beginning of the last century. I have always been greatly inconvenienced by Day Light Savings time, so I strongly oppose the idea. Of course losing an hour of sleep is annoying, however the timing has always been terrible. The U.S. now observes day light savings time, at least 2 weeks earlier than the rest of the world. They do this because the whiny environmentalists want to preserve energy. Setting the clocks back 2 hours is very ineffectual, especially since the sun does not begin to go higher in the sky until after the Spring Solstice. My opposition to this begin in March of 2007, the first episode in which the green terrorists violated our basic human rights. In March of 2007, I was residing in the American State of New Hampshire, where the day of day light savings time there was over 30 cm of snow and ice. The following morning I was inconvenienced to have to wake up at 04:00 and shovel myself out to get to work, where I began at 06:00. The commute was typically over an hour. At this point I began to despise Daylight Savings Time. My passion against the stupid tradition has only increased in the 3 years, although I have always hated the tradition. This weekend, was just inconvenient.

No comments: