Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Reflections on the 2009 Vote

Today 3 November Juche 98, my local community and varies other communities held elections. For the first time in my life, I voted for only one party. With the exception of 2 candidates, I voted across the line for the Conservative Party of New York. I was disappointed that I was unable to vote for myself for Suffolk County Legislature and I believe my insignificant rights were in fact violated, but I supported the Conservative Party candidate instead. In a last minute decision, I had decided to vote for all judges on the Libertarian Party ticket, however, I was sad to discover the Libertarian Party didn't field any candidates in this election. So once again, I opted for the Conservative Party. It seems interesting that this year, the most significant third party was the Conservative Party, which is certainly a first. I would like to send out my congratulations to new governors Christie of New Jersey and McDonnell. I also would love to wake up tomorrow morning and see Congressman Hoff win.

No comments: