Sunday, November 29, 2009

Endorsement for Today's Remaining Elections

Although some of the results are already in from today's elections, Sun-Day, November 29, Juche 98, I will still list my endorsements. In Uruguay's, 2nd round presidential elections I will endorse José Mujica. Mujica, is a former Tupamaru rebel, who was captured by the military government in the 1970s. Since his release, he has served as Minister of Agriculture and a Senator. His rival, Luis Alberto Lacalle, was a former president and is very pro-free market, which I vehmently oppose. In Honduras, I will support Bernard Martínez Valerio, of the Innovation and Unity Party. He is the first black Honduran Presidential candidate, however has denied being called similar to Amerikan dictator Barak Hussein Obama. I am supporting Valerio because the other candidates seem unimpressive. The situation in Honduras is slightly difficult now because of the coup which took place in June. I am a supporter of the coup that removed Manuel Zelaya. The Liberal party candidate, was defeated current incumbent president, Roberto Micheletti. The National Party candidate, would favour closer ties to the United States, which I oppose for Latin America. I oppose closer American ties for two reasons, 1. Obama is a complete and total idiot, who has no idea what he is doing, and 2. the fact that the US administration has said the military coup in June is illegal, when there is ABSOLUTELY nothing illegal about the coup. The President called for an illegal referendum. The Supreme court challenged the vote, declared it illegal. The Courts then requested the legislature to review the vote, and the legislature with the Supreme Court's backing removed the president by force. All of that is legal, in the Honduran constitution. In the parliamentary elections in Honduras, I will support the Innovation and Unity Party of Valerio, although this support may be fleeting. In the Swiss Confederation, I am supporting the Yes Vote for banning Minarets in Switzerland. I feel that Minarets are unnecessary in Switzerland since there isn't any history of Islam in the Swiss Confederation. Although I do enjoy to look at minarets, they have no business in Switzerland. The Yes vote did actually succeed with 57% of the vote and 22 out of 26 cantons supporting the move to ban minarets. On the other issues, I will support the No vote. These stances are the stances of the Swiss People's Party, which is the party I would consider myself a member.

No comments: