Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Endorsement for the Town of Huntington Local Elections

On Tuesday 3 November, Juche 98, the Town of Huntington, New York will be holding local elections for the town council, supervisor, suffolk county legislature, various judges, sherriffs, and will hold a referenda on two issues. For the town council, I will likely vote for the Conservative Party and/or Working Families Party. I will only endorse the Working Family's Party if their candidate is not endorsed or a member of the Democratic Party. For town supervisor, for the first time in my life, I will not support incumbent Frank Petrone. Although I do know him, and like him, I believe it is time for change. I am also upset that I have heard rumours that he spends most of the year in Florida, switched to the Democratic Party, and also removed Oliver Cromwell's Family seal from the Town Coat of Arms. The anti-Cromwell move is the main reason, as to why I no longer support Petrone. For the Suffolk County Legislature, I will vote for myself. Out of all positions being selected on Tuesday, I think the only position I would want is Suffolk County Legislator. I will be running against Frank Stalzer of the Republican Party and incumbent Jon Cooper of the Democratic Party. I feel that I could do the best job for my district.
There will be two referendums. The first is to expand forrests in Saint Lawrence County. The State of New York will increase conservation by 10 acres. I will vote yes to support this ammendment. The other, if voted for will allow prisoners to work for non-profit organisations. I vehemently oppose this new law. I believe that maintaining prisoners is a waste of tax payer money, and that I more traditional form of punishment should be used. I also believe that if you are in prison, you have no rights.

No comments: